This is Christopher Wiehl (Sara’s fiance) coming at you today with a new segment to the site called, “I think I know what I’m doing”. This segment is of the things I do, either cooking or crafting, that I’m taking a stab at and it might come out great, or horrible. Basically, I do the messing up for you!
This week Sara and I had some friends over for some Hamburgers. I didn’t want to serve them plain basic burgers, so I stuffed em up!
1lbs Hamburger: 85%-15%
Fixings (ketchup, mayo, whateva)
1. Preheat your oven to 400degrees
2. Lay your bacon out on a baking sheet (with raised edges) (you can also put aluminum foil for easy clean up).
3. When the oven is heated, throw in the bacon for about 9 minutes
While you are waiting for the bacon to cook, you can do some other preparation.
4. Cut the peppers and onions into small cubes to put in the burgers
5. Weigh out the ground beef to make balls of 1/4-1/3 lbs of burger.
6. Take the balls of meat and cut them into two even pieces.
7. Cut some sheets of parchment / wax paper into squares to help with the pressing of the burgers
8. Take a half of the meat and put it in between two pieces of parchment paper and flatten with hand or rolling pin. Do the same with the other side.
10. Take the other half of meat and put on top of the filled piece and push edges closed. Flip over the burger and form with hands into a nice patty.
11. Don’t forget to put seasoning on it!
12. Start your grill. Grill the patties over the flame for about 4-5 minutes then flip and cook for 2. Add cheese and put to the side of the grill.
13. Grill your buns if you wish.
That is it guys. Check out the video below on a visual look on how to make these awesome patties! I cannot wait to make more!