Have you ever cleaned your washing machine? Sounds funny doesn’t it.. we use our washing machine to clean our clothes but it often gets dirty doing the job.
By cleaning out your washing machine not only will your washer look like new, but it will clean your clothes better too.
Here’s what you will need:
- old toothbrush
- cleaning rag or sponge
- all purpose cleaner (I use Clorox Clean-up)
- white vinegar
- baking soda
- gloves to protect your hands
- Using an all purpose cleaner and toothbrush clean the lid of your washing machine. Make sure to get into the crevices but partially closing the lid to get underneath.
- Clean all around the lip using an all purpose cleaning, a rag/sponge and some baking soda.
- This spot in most washing machines is for bleach (i use mine for downy) either way clean it with all purpose cleaner and baking soda using a toothbrush and sponge.
- This is where the fabric softener normally goes, mine however does not have one, if yours does pop it out and soak it a bit to loosen the softener up in the sink so it’s easier to clean. Use all purpose cleaner and some baking soda.
- Next clean the agitator,using all purpose cleaner and baking soda with the use of a toothbrush to get in the cracks and a sponge for the rest.
- Okay, by this point it should be looking like new again. Yay! But we’re not done just yet. Time to get that musty smell out. Put 2 cups bleach into your washing machine with hot water, large load. Let it run through washing cycle. Stop it just before it rinses and let it sit and soak for an half and hour. Then let it drain.
- Lastly, repeat the cycle, this time add 2 cups vinegar and hot water.